Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Intake Manifold? Timing Belt? Catalytic Converter?

    It has been a constant source of frusteration for me that I never learned about automobiles as a kid.

    For as long as I can remember I've wanted to know how a vehicle works, what its components are, how to diagnose problems and above all how to fix them.

    I knew, just from the few times that I helped change sparkplugs and air filters, that I loved turning wrenches, but I couldn't exactly mechanic on a car when I had NO CLUE how they worked or what their parts were called.

    When people spewed off terms like turbo charger, main bearing and rocker arm, It was like hearing a foreign language and when they tried to explain, it just confused me more.

    Several of my friends can pop the hood and start wrenching on a car or truck like they were born with a 5/8 socket in their hand. It drives me crazy.

    This year I decided to do something about it. I enrolled in an A.S. program with an emphasis in Auto Mechanics. Hopefully by the time I complete my degree I can be the one who seems like she was born with a 5/8 socket in her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment