Friday, July 9, 2010

A/C Compressor, Power Steering Pump, Timing Belt Cover

Back to it...

...Today, with some help from my neighbor Bob, I detached the Air Conditioning Compressor (you can't disconnect it entirely or all your refrigerant will vent into the atmosphere, then you'll have no cooling and destroyed ozone and its illeagal) and set it aside. Then I unbolted the A/C compressor bracket with the Power Steering pump still attached and took it out completely.

(A/C compressor bracket, power steering pump, powersteering pulley, idler pulley)

Then I got the timing belt cover off...

...so next I need to take the timing belt off...which is apparently more complicated than it sounds. Something about getting the timing marks lined up...Clearly I need to go read some reference material to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment