Saturday, May 8, 2010

Parts List

These are all the things I need to buy, in order to do the head gasket job (and other overdue maintenance) on my truck. I will check them off as I get them.

Head Gasket Job Parts:
-Head Gasket Kit (head gasket, intake manifold gasket, exhaust gasket, valve cover gasket...) (bought)
-Head Bolts (bought)
-2 Drain Pans (1 for oil, 1 for coolant) (bought)
-Oil Filter (bought)
-Drain Plug Gasket (bought)
-Engine Oil (bought)
-Coolant (bought)

Head Gasket Job Tools:
-Reference Materiel (Hayes Manual) (bought)
-1/2" Torque Wrench (borrowed)
-Straight Edge (for checking the head and block to make sure they aren't warped.) (bought)
-Feeler Gauge Set (to use with the straight edge to check for warpage.) (bought)
-Filter Wrench (bought)
Other Maintenance Parts:
-Thermostat (For the cooling system. I changed the radiator hose and didn't replace the thermostat, like I was suppose to, so this is way overdue.)
-Power Steering Fluid (bought)
-Timing Belt (I actually have to check the timing belt, to see if it needs to be replaced, but the engine has over 180,000 miles on it, and I don't think that the timing belt has ever been changed. So there is a decent chance I do need to buy a new one.)(Matt informed me that this was replaced recently so no need to worry 'bout it.)

If I think of anything else I need, I'll post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment